The hens won't know themselves with such flash accommodation.
Outstanding product and service! My Chickens love it! Super easy to assemble, delivered to the door! Recommend 100%!
We are very happy with the new hen house. Excellent service from Appletons and it was very easy to assemble and is very well made.
My hens moved into their new hen house this week and they are thrilled.
The perches are a huge hit! They think they are very smart chickens now 😊
We had one of those big wind storms the night they moved in and you can tell how secure they feel now.
They were relaxed in the morning and there was no stress smelling chicken scat.
So a very big thank you from my girls and myself.
My duo apex chicken coop was easy to put up, looks great and my chickens love it. Thanks Appletons.😍😍
We ordered a chook house from Appletons. Great service, had it shipped to Auckland, then uplifted it from Mainfreight and transported to Great Barrier Island. Great product, great people to deal with. Easy peasy to assemble!! Highly recommended.
Lucky I had a few people about to help lift roof on 😂😂
I ordered a customized Du0 Apex for my Silkies. Fionna and Gordon were very helpful and adapted the plan perfectly to accommodate my short legged fluffy headed chickens! It is well made, solid and I'm very happy to give a 5 star rating. Thanks very much!
We are so incredibly happy with our new chook house! Not only was it super easy to put together (great, easy to follow instructions) but it looks absolutely wonderful in place of our old chook house. We chose a colour steel roof in green which made it look perfect. The duo apex was a perfect choice for us, we could not recommend Appletons enough, great service, great product. Very happy customers (and chickens).
Easy to assemble, hens have settled in well to new surroundings.
KITSET Duo Apex Hen House
Accommodate 2 flocks side-by-side all under one roof.
Makes merging two flocks a breeze!
- each house accommodates up to 10 commercial hybrids or 8 heavy breed hens (or a breeding group) with daily access to free range.
- professionally built, quality KITSET design
- very easy assembly - all panels are pre-built with easy to follow instructions
- all timber is H4 treated and H3.2 for the plywood
- built on skids for easy towing around the paddock
- solid plywood floor - keeps the house dry, draught-free, warmer and vermin out
- corrugated galvanised iron roof with matching flashings at each end
- rolled (non-drip) gutter on the front netting side
- 2 x person-sized doors for easy access and cleaning - one at each end to enter each house.
- easy egg collection - nest boxes accessed from the outside
- three separate nest boxes in one external laying box for each house (6 in total)
- perches - drop-down two-tier perches hinged off the rear or front wall
- quality square welded mesh window on front panel for good ventilation and light
- opening and closing pop-holes for chicken access and safety, one for each house (we place them where you want them!)
- comes with a third pop-hole in the middle (divider) panel between the two houses.
- 2 x timber 'doorstops' to prevent shavings spilling out.
Flexible hen housing.
Grow the young pullets on one one side and keep the layers on the other.
Overall dimensions: 2.4m long x 1.2m deep x 1.8m high to the apex inside/ 2m high outside.
Dimensions of each house: 1.2m by 1.2m by 1.8m high
Nest boxes are external to this measurement.
Each house is 1.2m square with a solid plywood floor, 3 good sized nest boxes and a closable pop-hole to the outside.
The joining pop-hole between the two houses allows you to use the duo apex as either two separate smaller hen houses or one larger one.
All perches are two-tier drop down units that fold flat against the wall for good access and easy cleaning.
Two Tier Drop-Down Perch
If you are going to run your houses at maximum capacity (lots of chooks!) then the two-tier drop-down perching system is the one for you. These work off the back panel or divider panel depending on where the nest boxes are situated. The drop-down perch is two-tiered and is attached to the wall and supported by two feet off the floor. It can be folded up against the wall when not in use for easy cleaning.
Best Position & Access
Give careful consideration where you are going to position your hen house. Think about positioning solid walls into the prevailing wind and rain. We recommend facing the front mesh panel towards the sun. Sun in the hen house is a good thing. Think about making access to nest boxes easy as this will be a daily trip for egg collection. Plus allow enough space for human door access when cleaning.
Standard Run (2.6m x 2.4m)
The Duo Apex Hen House is available with an optional standard run (out the front or the back of the hen house). Having an enclosed, secure area off any hen house is a good idea. This gives your chickens in both houses the opportunity to get outside. The chooks from one house can free range out in the paddock/garden whilst the chooks from the other house are confined to the run. A run will give you added peace of mind knowing your hens are safe from visiting predators or a good way to keep your girls out of your precious flower garden or from discovering your veggie garden!
Please remember laying boxes need to be accessible from outside of the run enclosure. so think carefully as to where you place them. Optional run size : 2.4m wide x 1.8m high x 2.6m long. The person door to run can be positioned in any panel. Please remember a level surface is required for assembly. If you require a customised run to suit your requirements we are happy to assist.
This Duo Apex has been customised: no middle panel and only one person door.