Received my new premier hen house just after lockdown. Delighted with how well it went together. Well designed and well built.
We are completely built and the house looks fantastic!!!! The hens are enjoying their new home! Some of them moved in of their own accord when we had the door open. We also had some torrential rain last week and everything is all water tight. It truly is a beautiful hen house!"
KITSET Premier Hen House
Walk-in, spacious hen house that is easy to clean and ideal for a decent sized laying flock.
If you have a large flock this is the hen house for you!
- accommodates up to app. 40 heavy breed hens or up to 50 commercial hybrids (brown shavers or hylines) with daily access to free range
- professionally built, quality KITSET design
- very easy assembly - all panels are pre-built with easy to follow instructions
- all timber is H4 treated and plywood is H3.2 treated
- built on skids for easy towing around the paddock
- solid plywood floor - keeps the house dry, draught-free, warmer and vermin out
- galvanised corrugated iron apex style roof with matching flashings at each end
- rolled gutters (non-drip) on both sides
- large person-sized door for easy access
- easy egg collection - nest boxes accessed from the outside
- 6 x nest boxes - all at one low level (position of nest boxes can be on any of the 3 solid panels)
- 4 x single rail perch system giving 9.2m of perching space
- quality square welded mesh window on front panel for good ventilation and light. (mesh window opening height is app. 60cm - a third netting to two thirds plywood.)
- 1 x opening and closing pop-hole for chooks to come and go
Well designed, well built, practical accommodation for laying hens.
Dimensions: 2.4m long x 2.4m deep x 1.8m high to the apex inside
App. 2.6mm high from the ground to the top outside.
Nest boxes are external to this measurement.
Please note the photo shows a tiered system. All our Premier housing now uses the single rail system as image of classic hen house.
The Premier Hen House has the the single rail perch system.
Single Rail Perch System
4 x single rail perches giving a maximum 9.2m of perching space. The perches are removable and sits on rails in the house. Can be easily removed for cleaning and allows for more room in the house than a tiered drop-down system. Perches can be added or removed according to the number of birds using the house.
Standard Run (2.6m x 2.4m)
The Premier Hen House is available with an optional run built off the front. This is the ideal set up if you wish to let your chooks out to sun themselves, dust bath and scratch in the dirt when you are not around to monitor them. A run will give you added peace of mind knowing your hens are safe from visiting predators or a good way to keep your girls off your immaculate flower beds or from discovering your vegetable garden.
Run size as per photo : 2.4m wide x 1.8m high x 2.6m long.
Door to run can be positioned in any panel. Run is made up of 3 full sized panels that are easily screwed together plus two small joiner panels. Will require a level surface for assembly. If you require a customised run to suite your requirements we are happy to assist.
Top netting panel optional - helps to keep the light breeds in and the sparrows out!
Photo shows run attached to an Apex Hen House.