We have no complaints,we have raised house of ground about 300mm to avoid water issues from neighbors run off,gravel ramp to pop door and no issues, using wood shaving inside and no issues, a little problem with perch rails sliding when chooks leave the rail but that's not a big issue as I'll make some blocks to stop sliding but still allow for removal for cleaning,we have also retained part of the run from old house for extra area during rain or when the bloody Hawks are about,so yep all good thank you,cheers Frank, p.s.we run 16 brown shaver and large free range area,hope this helps for future enquiries
Fantastic Chicken Coop and Lamb Shelter exactly as requested- thanks!
Very happy with house only screws should. Be beefer
Well thought out and easily assembled by 2 people
Easy to build. Chickens seem happy. Just waiting for my first eggs !
Excellent hen house: well designed and constructed with good attention to detail. Easy for 2 people to assemble.
Excellent hen house which its occupants (the chooks) are extremely happy with, but took more than 15 minutes to put up!
We have set up the Classic Hen House to use as a Classic Cat Enclosure for one very old cat and deaf cat. The egg laying boxes are now sleeping boxes and we have installed shelves on the back wall for the cats to use and have used flexible perspex to cover the netting and therefore create a warm, dry, safe enclosure for our cats for when we are not home.
The enclosure fits ticks the boxes for our pets needs.
The only thing we would comment on is that the door had worped slightly so did close well at the bottom.
Really simple kitset to put together, and a sturdy, well built hen house. Thank you
KITSET Classic Hen House
A very practical layout for easy care chook maintenance.
- accommodates up to 18 heavy breed hens or 20 commercial hybrids (brown shavers or hylines) with daily access to free range.
- professionally built, quality KITSET design
- very easy assembly: all panels are pre-built with easy to follow instructions
- all timber is H4 treated and H3.2 for the plywood
- built on skids for easy towing around the paddock
- solid plywood floor - keeps the house dry, draught-free, warmer and vermin out.
- corrugated galvanised iron roof with matching flashings at each end
- quality square welded mesh window on front panel for good ventilation and light
- good person-sized door for easy access
- pop-hole for chicken access (we can place it where you want it!)
- opening and closing pop-hole - lockable at night
- easy egg collection - nest boxes accessed from the outside
- three separate nest boxes in one external laying box
- 3 perches are removable for easy cleaning
The access door and good head room makes this hen house quick and easy to clean.
Dimensions: 2.4m long x 1.2m deep x 1.8m high at front.
Nest boxes are external to this measurement.
All perches are removable for easy cleaning. If you would like to temporarily secure them use a wooden wedge or a nail each side of the perch fixed into the rail.
The photo shows the person door in the front mesh panel at the right end. Please note additional pop-hole under nest boxes.
With our Classic Hen House you can choose to have the person door access positioned in the front mesh panel or in the side panel.
Person Access Door in End Panel
The photo alongside shows the person door in the Left End Panel with the nest boxes on the Right. This option works well if you wish to place a run off the front and do not wish to walk into the run to access the hen house.
Best Position & Access
Give careful consideration where you are going to position your hen house. Think about positioning solid walls into the prevailing wind and rain. We recommend facing the front mesh panel towards the sun. Sun in the hen house is a good thing. Think about making access to nest boxes easy as this will be a daily trip for egg collection. Plus allow enough space for human door access when cleaning.
Standard Run (2.4m x 2.4m)
The Classic Hen House is available with a Standard Run built out the front (preferred position) or the back. This is the ideal set up if you wish to let your chooks out to sun themselves, dust bath and forage. A run will give you added peace of mind knowing your hens are safe from predators. It is also a good way to keep control of their whereabouts and ensure your girls keep out your flower beds or from discovering your veggie garden!
Image shows an Apex Hen House.