Ordered and delivered well within the expected time frame. Incredibly easy to put together, two of us took less than an hour to construct as instructions couldn't be easier to follow. Absolutely recommend and I will be housing 20 commercial breeds in this one.
I have painted it black of course as everything looks better in black!
Great. Very good quality, took less than 1.5 hours to assemble and chooks love it.
Really well designed and considering its size easy to put up. Delivered in expected timeframe. Thanks was awesome to deal with you guys.
We bought an apex and it took only two hours to assemble and the chooks love it!
Hi loved both the hen houses we got from you the large Apex and also the small Apex, happy chooks...
The hen house is great thanks- all painted now - is sturdy & chickens love it. We hope to put wheels on (any ideas?) to help relocate further afield on uneven ground but opted for bolts on base as designed which works great towing with mower around garden. Very easy to assemble & good quality (really appreciated saving us work!).
Thank you for the wonderful service. Hen house arrive in good condition and is exactly what we needed for our girls. Appreciate the follow up and chasing up of mainfreight when they lost our order. Very good communication. Will definitely purchase other products in the future. Excellent quality for money. We are very happy customers. Thank you!
The chook house arrived in a timely fashion and it only took a couple of hours for one person to construct. It's a nice looking and very servible house. We are very pleased with it and our girls will enjoy it.
The house was of sturdy construction and ideal for what I am using it for. Appletons were very good to deal with and provided good advice.
KITSET Apex Hen House
One of our best selling models. Walk-In, Easy to Clean and Looks Good!
- accommodates up to 18 heavy breed hens or 20 commercial hybrids (brown shavers or hylines) with daily access to free range.
- professionally built, quality KITSET design
- very easy assembly: all panels are pre-built with easy to follow instructions
- all timber is H4 treated and H3.2 for the plywood
- built on skids for easy towing around the paddock
- solid plywood floor - keeps the house dry, draught-free, warmer and vermin out.
- corrugated galvanised iron roof with matching flashings at each end
- rolled (non-drip) gutter on the front netting side
- person-sized door for easy access
- easy egg collection - nest boxes accessed from the outside
- three separate nest boxes in one external laying box
- three removable perches for easy cleaning
- quality square welded mesh window on front panel for good ventilation and light
- one pop-hole for chicken access (we place it where you want it!)
- pop-hole is opening and closing and lockable at night
- doorstop to prevent shavings spilling out
Walk-in, easy to maintain, looks good and holds a good number of hens!
Dimensions: 2.4m long x 1.2m deep x 1.8m high to the apex inside/ 2m high outside.
Nest boxes are external to this measurement.
Each hen requires app. 20cm of perch space. Rail perches are easily removable for cleaning. To secure when in use add a nail on either side or a wedge at the end.
Best Position & Access
Give careful consideration where you are going to position your hen house. Think about positioning solid walls into the prevailing wind and rain. We recommend facing the front mesh panel towards the sun. Sun in the hen house is a good thing. Think about making access to nest boxes easy as this will be a daily trip for egg collection. Plus allow enough space for human door access when cleaning.
Standard Run (2.6m x 2.4m)
The Apex Hen House is available with an optional standard run (out the front or the back of the hen house). Having an enclosed, secure area off any hen house is a good idea. This gives your chickens in both houses the opportunity to get outside. The chooks from one house can free range out in the paddock/garden whilst the chooks from the other house are confined to the run. A run will give you added peace of mind knowing your hens are safe from visiting predators or a good way to keep your girls out of your precious flower garden or from discovering your veggie garden!
Please remember laying boxes need to be accessible from outside of the run enclosure. so think carefully as to where you place them. Optional run size : 2.4m wide x 1.8m high x 2.6m long. The person door to run can be positioned in any panel. Please remember a level surface is required for assembly. If you require a customised run to suit your requirements we are happy to assist.