Easy to put together and really neat and tidy. It's perfect.
My sister and I put the hen house together in a very short time. There were plenty of extra nails and screws. I can highly recommend these Apex houses.
Appletons sent this really quickly, & it took 2 of us less than half an hour to put it up with the excellent woodwork & directions. The rooster & his hens were very happy in it straight away. Really recommend:)
Well its on the pad and looking good, my pullets arrive next week so will see if they like the coop. ;-)
Excellent service and great kitset with clear instructions. Great service to get it to us before Xmas (only took 5 days from the time we ordered it) and reasonable price from a NZ supplier (YAY!)
Brian and Robyn Bargh, Rotorua
Very pleased with the solid construction and easy assembly of hen house.
Great chicken whare, easy to put together.
Fantastic service from Fionna and a fantastic hen house. My girls settled easily and are loving it. Thanks so much
So easy to build - the kids and I had the walls up before hubby finished a phone call, and our teenage son put the roof on. Everything lined up exactly! Obviously pre-built and then disassembled to ensure perfection. Built by a craftsman - all sharp corners rounded off. Our hens are egg-static!
Amazing service to go with amazing product....I highly recommend this henhouse And have told all my chicken friends about it.
KITSET Mini Apex Hen House
A brilliant compact walk-in timber hen house for up to 10 hens.
- accommodates up to 10 standard-size hens or 8 heritage heavy breed hens (or a breeding group) with daily access to free range
- professionally built, quality KITSET design
- very easy assembly - all panels are pre-built with easy to follow instructions
- all timber is H4 treated and H3.2 for the plywood
- built on skids for easy towing around the paddock
- solid plywood floor - keeps the house dry, draught-free, warmer and vermin out
- corrugated galvanised iron roof with matching flashings at each end
- rolled (non-drip) gutter on the front netting side
- wide person-sized door for easy access
- easy egg collection - nest boxes accessed from the outside
- three separate nest boxes in one external laying box
- two single rail perches
- quality square welded mesh window on front panel for good ventilation and light
- one pop-hole for chicken access (we place it where you want it!)
- opening and closing pop-hole for safely from predators
- timber 'doorstop' to prevent shavings spilling out.
Well designed, easy-to-assemble and looks smart.
Dimensions: 1.2m long x 1.2m deep x 1.8m high to the apex inside/ 2m high outside.
Nest boxes are external to this measurement.
Two removable single rail perches. Use one or both depending on the number of birds using the house.
Three easy-access laying boxes for your hens. Fill nest boxes with untreated wood shavings, hay or use our chicken astroturf nest liners. If using wood shavings make sure nest boxes are regularly topped up to avoid broken eggs.
Place a pair of nest or fake eggs in one box to encourage hens where to lay. Hens like to lay in a nest where other hens have laid.
Best Position & Access
Give careful consideration where you are going to position your hen house. Think about positioning solid walls into the prevailing wind and rain. We recommend facing the front mesh panel towards the sun. Sun in the hen house is a good thing. Think about making access to nest boxes easy as this will be a daily trip for egg collection. Plus allow enough space for human door access when cleaning.