Horizontal (Side Mount) Nipple Drinker - Yellow (2 pack)
Birds learn quickly how to use this system.
- The water nipple style that allows you to side mount the nipple to create your own drinker with any container or bucket
- A new product-driven and developed in partnership with Bainbridge that is perfect for hobby farmers
- The horizontal nipple only releases water when activated and this results in better hygiene and less cleaning required that traditional cup drinkers
- Unlike traditional drinker nipples, these horizontal nipples are spring-loaded so that they work without a gravitational pull
- The action of the bird’s pecking wobbles the spring, which releases drops of water either into the bird’s beak or collects into the drip guard beneath the nipple
- When placed on the side of a waterer rather than underneath, this creates advantages when refilling as the container can be placed flush on its base on the ground.
Tips for training chooks onto nipples
The golden rule for teaching birds to use any type of new watering system like nipples is to remove all other sources of water! As long as they have what they are familiar with they will use it first and will never try something new. If their only choice is to drink from that new shiny metal thingy hanging under the pipe or bucket, it will only take one thirsty bird to try it and show everybody elsewhere to get a drink. To teach your birds to use the nipples, remember the golden rule - remove all other sources of water! When installing the new nipple system, simply gather your chooks around and show them by tapping the nipples with your fingers which cause water to leak. That will get their attention and they learn very quickly.
We recommend 3-4 chooks per nipple.