If you are unsure as to what will best suit your needs and your hens requirements talk to us and we are more than happy to assist you in making the right choice.
What Sets Appletons Apart Regarding A Chicken Enclosure
Our business is about so much more than merely supplying a wide range of trusted chicken enclosures such as the Omlet chicken house or the Omlet chicken run. We offer you advice, guidance, and tips on every single aspect of raising chickens, various kinds of chickens you can get and how to best care for each type in every stage of their lives.
- Keeping your chickens happy and healthy is beneficial for you and them. Housing a healthy flock of chooks brings you plenty of benefits. For example, fresh eggs, they get rid of bugs in your garden, they enrich the ground with compost and aerate the soil in your garden. They also make great pets. Our team provides an abundance of knowledge to help you best care for your chickens. We supply healthy and balanced feed for them as our animal feed has all the goodness, vitamins, and minerals which your chickens need for good health and producing tasty eggs.
- Sometimes your chickens might get sick. There are numerous reasons why it can happen. We have blogs available on generalised care and taking care of your sick birds and how to get them healthy again. Different seasons have different effects on their health, and we offer healthcare treatments, but we are not a replacement for a veterinary service.
- We are the sole distributor of the trusted UK brand in chicken housing solutions, Omlet. Thanks to the partnership, we can supply the best on the market to the local NZ market. Our business has been taking care of chickens for the past 16 years. During this time, we expanded our list of premium products to help you to take care of your chickens, rabbits and more.
We believe our comprehensive approach to animal care is core to our success. Our in-depth knowledge regarding the numerous aspects of caring for your poultry is the foundation of our business. We are more than suppliers of the perfect chicken coop; we are your trusted advisor and assistant in keeping your chooks healthy.
Tips Regarding an Omlet Eglu Chicken Coop
The most basic purpose of a hen house is to provide your chickens safety, a place to lay eggs and sleep. You want them protected from predators and natural elements. Your selected coop should offer protection and a decent size where they’ll be happy. Below we discuss several essential features that will take your coop from average to brilliant.
- Having a floor in your coop is an added feature. It’s the perfect way to keep your chickens dry and to keep the vermin and predators out. Omlet have created a secure house fitted with comfortable roosting bars, a slide-out dropping tray and an integrated nest box. Omlet coops have slatted floors. All the droppings fall through the slats onto the slide out dropping tray, which can then be simply emptied onto the compost heap. Wood shavings makes the best tray litter as it absorbs the moisture in the chicken droppings and reduces odour. We recommend you regularly remove these shavings and replace them with fresh dry shavings to maintain the health and wellness in your coop.
- When you purchase a timber chook house, keep in mind you will regularly need to treat against mites. An Eglu coop makes things much more manageable as this precautionary measurement is not essential. These plastic hen houses are easy to clean with a built-in tray for the droppings. The smooth surface of the plastic house is easy to wash, and the Eglu chicken coop is made from energy-efficient polymers. Not only does it provide a very hygienic living situation for your chickens, but it is also completely recyclable.
- The advantages of a movable chicken coop are plenty. Many prefer to have a few chickens in their back garden and yet don’t want the unnecessary effort of high maintenance when it comes to their chickens. Our Eglu range offers chook houses made with mobility in mind. These don’t require much effort to move from one spot in your garden to the next. It also doesn’t require more than one person to fulfil the task. These coops have puncture-proof wheels making the moving process swift and easy. It is the perfect way to keep your chickens safe and mobile all at once.
- When you buy your first chook house, it is good to keep your options open for possible extensions on your set-up at a later stage. Our Omlet coop range allow for an easy 1m run extension as your budget allows it. Some of these extensions include creating a larger area where your chickens can free-range daily like the Omlet chicken fencing. You can also add the Omlet walk-in chicken run. The enclosed run is big enough for a human to enter and has a person door for easy access
About Appletons Animal Housing and Pet Supplies
At Appletons, our family is passionate about the well-being of chickens. Our love and passion for animal care have kept us growing steadily from the day we started. We enjoy the privilege to share our knowledge and passion with you. Regardless of whether you are keen on keeping a few chooks in your backyard or something much larger, we have the equipment, tips, tricks, feeds, and minerals you might need.
Visit our friendly store and find out all you need to know, from buying your livestock to taking care of them. We offer safe, chicken-friendly solutions which are easy to maintain and will make your hobby of caring for livestock an enjoyable one.
Contact us, and let us help you to find the perfect solutions for your backyard. You too can enjoy the numerous benefits of collecting fresh eggs daily from your hens.